5.13.2011

Mercy and Grace in Sorrow

This week, one of my dear friends lost her mother. As heartbreaking as this has been for me, I cannot even begin to imagine how hard it has been for her and her family.

Looking back, God's grace and mercy is clearly evident. In simple things like her passing occurring just after Mother's Day and not at this time last week. And in other things like her being able to witness the baptism of her son-in-law and grandchildren. There are so many other ways that God prepared the way for her.

I have been so blessed to see God's provision (and sovereignty) at work in the past few days. Though my heart aches for this sweet family, I am grateful for the reminder that God is still in complete control and He wasn't taken by surprise at all by the week's events.

Please join me in praying that this family is soon able to see this grace and mercy in the midst of their sorrow.

No comments: