8.07.2008

Here we go again

I'm sure that nearly everyone has heard by now that alcohol claimed another life. But it wasn't just another life: it was the life of a classmate. Daniel makes the third member of my graduating class to pass away. And we are just 22 years old. This is a scary trend that needs to come to an end. I know that God has a purpose and a plan in the midst of all of this, but His plan is a bit unclear right now.

Let me take a minute to get on my soapbox. I HATE alcohol. Outside of the obvious things like its horrible smell, I can't stand how a stupid substance like alcohol can control and ruin a person's life. I don't ever want to hear about another person dying with the cause of death linked to alcohol. It is ridiculous. You don't have to drink. No alcohol = no deaths caused by alcohol. It is really that simple. And I don't even want to get started on the subject of underage drinking. Just let me say this: if you are under 21, it is illegal for you to drink. Period. And, if I find out about someone underage drinking and I know the location, don't put it past me to call the police and have them come bust that person/entire "party". It is dangerous and stupid. Ok, I've preached enough. At least for today. I'm sure that there will be more to come on this subject, though.

On a much lighter note, here are some things I am looking forward to/excited about:
-Kings Island TOMORROW :)
-Angela D & Chris' wedding Saturday :)
-School is starting soon, which means I will officially be a student teacher :)
-Graduation is in 4.5 months :) :) :)
-Mom is coming for a visit Labor Day weekend :)
-Justin got his promotion (Assistant Manager @ Valvoline) :)

3 comments:

jenn said...

I just heard of your friend, Pastor Joe Wood is attending to the family today.

Hurray for all the exciting things going on with you. I can't wait to be student teaching...

one day soon.

here's something only you will get.
MMMMMMM...cheese pringles. (will never forget that as long as I live)

Ashley said...

oh, jenn. those chips sure were yummy. *shoulder shrug*

amandabolin said...

:) Hi love! I just wanted to tell you Hi! and I love you! and we need to have a big "Let's See Everyone" Party when I come home and with you and your hubby in attendance-please!!!!!!!!
Brazil is great :) It's real different! School starts next Thursday!
Love you!