8.13.2008

They will revoke my citizenship

I haven't watched the Olympics. At all. I love summer Olympics (mainly just gymnastics and swimming), but I have been too busy/lazy to watch any of the events. I am not worthy to be called an American, I know.

I was just thinking about how much has changed since the last summer Olympics, and I got a good laugh out of a few things that came to mind. :) Four years ago:

1. I didn't even know that Justin existed. Now, I am happily married to him.
2. I was getting ready to start college. At Transy. Now, I am getting ready to be a college graduate. From EKU.
3. I secretly hoped that my future success included fame... maybe a dance career, maybe a singing career---I am not good enough at either to be famous, but I still had hope. Now, I know that my future success lies in the classroom, and I am okay with that. At least I am kind of famous at Wal-Mart when I see one of my students.... "Mrs. Padgett!" :)
4. No one knew that Lance Bass (NSYNC) was gay. Some may have suspected it, but no one knew for sure.
5. There was no such thing as an i-Pod!! Can you believe it?!
6. "Toxic" was Britney Spears' big hit... and, she had no babies. Nor had she been divorced twice. Once was enough for her. I do still love to crank up "Toxic" in my car, though. :)


Oh, what a difference a few years makes. I wonder how much will have changed by the next summer Olympics.

1 comment:

jenn said...

This blog made me laugh hard. I love how you think...